Whitetail Disposal has begun Township-wide collections of trash and recycling for Salisbury Township this week, and everything is transitioning well. We’ve received an abundance of calls and emails, which is understandable, so we wanted to provide one final update to summarize the changes and what’s to be expected. Please help us to circulate this information to family, friends and neighbors who may not have access to the internet. If they do have internet access, please encourage them to sign up for our email notifications at https://salisburylehighpa.gov/ so that no one misses these important postings. We will not inundate your inbox with emails; we only email regarding the most important, time-sensitive, or urgent matters.
Trash & Recycling Carts:
- Whitetail Disposal expects to be finished with delivery of the 95-gallon trash carts and 65-gallon recycling carts by Friday 01/05/24. If you still have not received your bin after that date, please contact Whitetail Disposal directly to report the issue. They can be reached at 610-936-9967 (M-F 8am-5pm and Saturday 8am-12pm) or at email@example.com.
- We ask that you hold off on special requests for smaller (65-gallon) trash carts or additional 95-gallon trash carts until you’ve tried out this new collection method for a few weeks, since we are all working through this period of transition together.
- Once you receive the Township’s official equipment, you must use these carts for trash and recycling disposal and may NO LONGER use your old cans/containers. We recommend you hold onto your old cans to see if you might find another personal use for them.
- If you decide you would like to dispose of your old cans/containers, please be sure they are empty, put a large, visible “X” on the can/container and place it curbside upside down, so that Whitetail can collect and dispose of it for you.
- You may put your name or address on your new carts to easily identify them for your household. HOWEVER, DO NOT PAINT, DEFACE OR VANDALIZE THE NEW CONTAINERS IN ANY OTHER WAY. These containers are the property of Salisbury Township, not the property owner, and that is not acceptable.
- Trash and recycling for the majority of Township residents will be collected by fully automated means on Mondays. Trash and recycling for the remainder of the Township will be collected on Tuesdays. To see whether you have a Monday collection day (shown as the yellow-shaded areas) or a Tuesday collection day (the blue-shaded areas), please use the “searchable map” on our website to search your address at Salisbury Twp – Searchable Map.
- If your collection day falls on a holiday, collection will be completed on a one-day delay. For example, New Years Day fell on a Monday this year, so Monday’s route was collected Tuesday, and Tuesday’s route was collected Wednesday.
- Recyclables must be clean and dry.
- Do not bag recyclables.
- If your recycling is contaminated, it will be handled as trash.
- Small cardboard boxes can be put in your recycling bin, comingled with your other items.
- Large cardboard boxes must be flattened and bundled by tape or twine and laid next to your recycling bin. Larger cardboard boxes placed inside your recycling cart – even if flattened – may interfere with the proper and complete emptying of your cart.
- Pizza boxes are NOT recyclable.
- There is a limit of one bulk item per week, which must be scheduled for collection.
- You must schedule bulk collections directly with Whitetail Disposal by noon on Friday the week prior to your next service day. They can be reached at 610-936-9967 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule.
- Bulk items include, but are not limited to, furniture, carpet, mattresses and appliances.
- Mattresses and box springs must be wrapped in plastic.
- Toilets must be bagged.
All the above information – and more – can be found on our Refuse/Recycling page on the Township’s website, or by clicking this link Salisbury Township Refuse & Recycling Info – Whitetail Disposal. Again, we thank you and appreciate your patience as Salisbury Township moves to this new and improved trash and recycling collection method.