Board Vacancies – Updated

The Board of Commissioners seeks applicants to serve on the following boards and commissions.  If you’re interested and would like to be considered for appointment, please download and complete the application form and submit it along with a resume and references to: Attn: Township Manager, 2900 S. Pike Avenue, Allentown, PA 18103 or


    • Vacancy Board – (1 year term) If a vacancy occurs in the office of township commissioner, auditor, controller, or tax collector, the Vacancy Board fills the vacancy by appointing a registered elector of the township or ward in which the vacancy occurs. The vacancy board consists of the board of commissioners and one registered elector of the township appointed by the board of commissioners at the board’s first meeting each calendar year or as soon thereafter. The registered elector acts as chairperson of the vacancy board and serves as chairperson until the chairperson’s successor is appointed.
    • Recreation Advisory Committee – Ward 1  (5 year term) The RAC works to ensure the preservation of public parklands, recreational facilities and playground areas within the Township for the enjoyment of the community and regulate activities within these areas and sponsor recreational programs
    • Civil Service Commission – Alternate  (6 year term) The Civil Service Commission regulates civil service rules and is responsible for testing for new police applicants, testing for police department promotions, and hearing grievances filed by Police Department personnel. 


Click Here for Application Form